These are the latest leaked specifications of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 8 thanks to @evleaks:
- IP68 water and dust certification, like all recent premium Galaxy smartphones
- Massive 6.3-inch ‘SuperAMOLED’ Infinity Display with minimal bezels
- New 18.5:9 aspect ratio with 1440 x 2960 (2K) native resolution
- Design will be more “squared off” (incl. display corners) compared to Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus
- Device dimensions of 162.5mm x 74.6mm x 8.5mm
- Globally it ships with the Exynos 8895 chipset with exception of Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835 in the US
- 6GB RAM as standard versus 4GB in Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus (some limited 6GB editions were Asia-only exclusives)
- 64GB of internal storage
- MicroSD expansion slot retained
- Rear dual cameras: 12 megapixel, f/1.7 aperture, dual pixel and 12 megapixel, f/2.4 aperture with 2x optical zoom. Optical image stabilisation on both modules
- Front camera - 8 megapixel, f1.7 aperture
- 3300mAh battery
- Quick Charging and Wireless Charging via USB Type-C
- Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Orchid Grey and Deep Sea Blue color options
- European pricing circa €1,000, which is circa $1200 but US price expected to be slightly cheaper.
Some sources also tipped the Galaxy Note 8 to have a new Snapdragon 836 chipset in the US which would run a little faster and cooler.
The mobile will be launched in NY in August 23, 2017.