Global Smartphone Market Share Q2 2015
Global Phone Martket Share Q2 2015
Press Release by Counterpoint:
Our Q2-2015 Market Monitor report has been published. We update one infographic in each quarter to summarize handset and smartphone market activities in a single page.The report tracks now more than 75 top vendor shipments every quarter across regions and countries which contribute to almost 90% of the total global smartphone volumes and much more at country level. The global mobile phone industry shipments grew 5% YoY. Middle East Africa was the fastest growing region up grew 7 times faster than global.
- One of every five mobile phone shipped globally is a Samsung.
- Huawei became the world’s third largest handset surpassing Microsoft.
- Asus shipments grew 5X from a year ago to become fastest growing brand , followed by Vivo’s total shipments grew 4X compared to a year ago
- Every 3 out of 4 mobile phone shipped on planet is a smartphone.
- Excluding Samsung, Apple now generates more smartphone revenues than the all other players combined
- One in two smartphones shipped globally now is LTE capable.
- US and China together contributed to two-thirds of the LTE smartphone market
- LTE Smartphone shipments grew 4X in china and 12x in India annually
Please feel free to reach out to us for press or this research-related questions at: analyst (at) counterpointresearch.com
Click on the Infographic below to expand the view: