WorldWide Tech & Science. Francisco De Jesùs.
HP Unveils Its First Commercial Internet Monitor, Consumer In-plane Switching Displays.
New products let businesses provide guests with easy internet access, offer home users enhanced visual performance.
PALO ALTO, Calif., June 21, 2012
HP today announced its first commercial internet monitor for the U.S. market, revolutionizing guest internet access for the office, and unveiled its first consumer in-plane switching (IPS) displays, redefining visual performance for the home with consistent, vivid color and increased brightness.
Offerings announced today include:
- HP Passport 1912nm Internet Monitor, a cost-effective and easy-to-manage multimedia solution that provides direct access to web content(1) without requiring a PC;
- HP 2011xi and 2311xi IPS LED Backlit Monitors, delivering ultimate performance for consumers that value extraordinary image accuracy; and
- HP W2071d and W2371d LED Backlit LCD Monitors, built for consumers that need an affordable display with a slim, space-saving design.
The HP Passport 1912nm, the company’s
first internet monitor for the U.S. market,
revolutionizes guest web access.
“The needs of customers continue to evolve, and HP is well-positioned to meet these new demands by expanding its award-winning display portfolio,” said Jun Kim, vice president and general manager, Display Business Unit, HP. “HP’s new IPS monitors bring professional-grade technology directly to consumers, while our internet monitor serves as a new tool for businesses to engage with their patrons.”
Affordable, streamlined gateway to the web
Ideal for customer-facing environments, the HP Passport 1912nm Internet Monitor provides a visitor hub for internet access in lobbies, hotels, waiting rooms, airports and other business environments.
The monitor delivers access to email, videos, images and music through an easy web interface with a locked-down operating system that prevents vulnerability to viruses. With an Ethernet input and plug-and-play connectivity options, the HP Passport 1912nm offers a four-in-one HP Media Card Reader and five USB ports to support digital cameras and other accessories.
The HP Passport 1912nm is equipped with a Texas Instruments OMAP4430 processor, which features hardware acceleration of various multimedia codecs. This allows the internet monitor to play back state-of-the-art 1080p high-definition (HD)(2) video content within a power envelope similar to a mobile device.
Additionally, the HP Passport 1912nm is Adobe® Flash® Player Certified with an embedded Adobe Flash plug-in that brings the very best experiences with smooth HD(2) content rendering.
The HP Passport 1912nm also includes low-power DDR2 memory for efficient and responsive performance when running web-based multimedia. It sports an 18.5-inch diagonal display and built-in speakers, as well as a full-size USB keyboard and mouse that come standard with the monitor.
Providing solid business performance, the HP Passport 1912nm features a 1,366 x 768 resolution, a 600:1 static contrast ratio(3) and a 5 millisecond (ms) on/off response time.(3) The internet monitor also delivers eco-solutions to reduce environmental impact with BFR/PVC-free plastics and finishes(4) and arsenic-free display glass,(5) in addition to ENERGY STAR® qualification and EPEAT® Silver registration.(6)
First consumer IPS monitors make any seat the best seat in the house
The 20-inch diagonal HP 2011xi and 23-inch diagonal HP 2311xi IPS LED Backlit Monitors are the first consumer displays from HP to feature IPS panel technology. As they offer a superior viewing experience from any angle, these monitors are an ideal medium for sharing photos, videos or games. Advanced IPS technology allows for consistent, vivid color and increased brightness, even if users are viewing content from the side of the monitor.
The HP 2011xi and HP 2311xi feature an ultraslim, modern frame designed to complement any home environment. They are designed with the environment in mind, boast mercury-free LED backlighting, and are ENERGY STAR qualified and EPEAT Silver registered.(6)
Additional features include a 178-degree-wide viewing angle, up to 1,920 x 1,080 resolution and a 3-million-to-1 dynamic contrast ratio.(3)
Exceptional performance at an affordable price
The 20-inch diagonal HP W2071d and 23-inch diagonal HP W2371d LED Backlit LCD monitors provide an ideal combination of form, function and affordability and complement any workspace without sacrificing space. Both feature mercury-free LED backlit panels that help save power, allow for quick on/off switching and offer supreme brightness and clarity.
The HP W2071d and W2371d monitors also offer 1,600 x 900 and 1,920 x 1,080 resolution, respectively, 3-million-to-1 and 8-million-to-1 dynamic contrast ratios, respectively,(3) and a 5ms on/off response time.(3)
Pricing and availability(7)
- The HP Passport 1912nm Internet Monitor is available today for $259.
- The HP 2011xi and 2311 xi IPS LED Backlit Monitors are expected to be available on June 24 for $169.99 and $239.99, respectively.
- The HP W2071d and W2371d LED Backlit LCD Monitors are expected to be available on June 24 for $139.99 and $199.99, respectively.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Internet service required.
(2) HD content required for HD playback.
(3) All specifications represent the typical specifications provided by HP’s component manufacturers. Actual performance may vary.
(4) This HP monitor is brominated flame retardant and polyvinyl chloride-free (BFR/PVC-free) in the plastics and finishing, meeting the industry definition of “BFR/PVC-free” per the “iNEMI Position Statement on ‘Low-Halogen.’” Plastic parts incorporated into the chassis generally contain < 1,000 ppm (0.1 percent) of bromine or chlorine. Printed circuit board and substrate laminates generally contain < 1,500 ppm (0.15 percent) of total bromine and chlorine. Service parts after purchase may not be BFR/PVC free.
(5) Arsenic and its compounds were not detected using U.S. EPA Test Methods 3052 and 3052/6010b by ICP or ICP-AES with a method detection limit (MDL) of 10 ppm.
(6) EPEAT ratings vary by location. See www.epeat.net for registration status by country is available at www.epeat.net.
(7) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.