Francisco De Jesùs.
Amazon today announced that Hulu Plus, Crackle, and SHOWTIME ANYTIME are joining VEVO in integrating their full catalogs into Fire TV’s unified voice search.
“We’re excited and energized by the momentum we’re seeing with Fire TV,” said Dave Limp, Vice President, Amazon Devices. “Customers are telling us they love it, developers are building for it, and we’re working hard to expand existing features and build new ones. We’re thrilled to have Hulu Plus, Crackle, and
SHOWTIME integrating their full selection of movies and TV shows into Fire TV’s unified voice search.”
The reviews are in:
- “Fire TV’s impressive evolution of the TV-watching experience is a remote control that lets you quickly search a world of Internet video, game and app content with only your voice.” –
Wall Street Journal
- “The responsiveness of the box, the voice search, and the no-wait streaming are the best you’ll find out there.” – GeekWire
- “After playing with
Amazon'ssmart interface, competitors are going to need to catch up.” – USA Today
- “What sets Fire TV furthest apart from competing devices is its voice search.” –
- “Fire TV's quad-core processor makes for browsing at breakneck speeds. Load times? Haha, what load time?” – Gizmodo
- “Amazon did a terrific job with the design of the Fire TV.” – Mashable
- “I can say this: gaming on the Fire TV is very real, and bears some serious watching.” – CNet
- “The impressive nature of the fluid control was most notable when typing in account information and passwords, and the nearly instantaneous loading of videos and movies from Amazon Prime and Instant Video.” – Consumer Reports
- “Voice search is never not amazing. You almost dare it to mess up, trying the most complicated names you can think of.” – Gizmodo
- “…it’s easy to see why the Fire TV replaces the
Roku3 as my set top box recommendation.” – The Verge
- “Boot-up is a matter of seconds, and content starts playing from Amazon Instant Video within a scant moment of hitting the play button.” – SlashGear
- “Don't underestimate
Amazon'sinclusion of gaming on Fire TV. It's the real deal.” – The Street
- “The most exciting thing was watching it play a video. And that's not because is spit out beautiful 1080p content (which it did). It's because the device didn't even take a breath before launching into our selection. When
Peter Larsenshowed off how quickly its ASAP technology allowed the Fire TV to start playing a video on stage we were impressed but skeptical. After spending some time with the Fire TV we feel obligated to apologize for our skepticism.” – Engadget
- “The ASAP video feature really works.” – TIME
- “…it might be the best voice search utility I've ever used – even better than Google Now on Android.” – The Verge
- “I’ve owned high-end Rokus, a Samsung SmartTV, and an Apple TV and have never seen a media streaming player move so quickly.” –TechCrunch
Here’s what customers are saying:
- “This box is a GAME CHANGER for on demand content!
Amazonknocked it out of the park.” –William H.
- “Accurate voice search - This one surprised me, It actually worked” – Amadeus K.
- “This thing is fast fast fast. Moving through the UI is instant, effortless, fluid, intuitive and pretty.” – Chris T.
- “The unit handles everything thrown at it and games like Asphalt aren't all that far off from console arcade style racers.” – Mike
- “Wow, I love this thing. Having used a few generations of
Roku, 2 Apple TV's and other solutions...I was always left wanting. When I'd first heard rumors of Amazondoing a set top box I got excited, when I saw it was available for sale it took me all of 3 seconds to go ‘yup I'm going to order and pay for local delivery’” – Ryan M.
As with all
Amazon products, the team is already working hard to make Fire TV even better:
- Voice search is expanding—Hulu Plus, Crackle, and
SHOWTIMEANYTIME will be integrating voice search for their full catalogs starting this summer.
- Selection keeps growing—There’s a big pipeline of great developers working to make their services and games available for Fire TV. New selection is coming from developers like Telltale Games, Halfbrick, Pixowl, Disney Interactive, Minority Media, Paradox Interactive,
Gaiam, AllRecipes, and Twitch.
New features are also already in the works for Fire TV, including:
- New Prime browse will make it even easier to discover movies and TV shows that are included in Prime Instant Video.
- Amazon FreeTime and Amazon MP3 integration coming as part of a free, over-the-air software update.
- More Games coming soon. In addition to the over one hundred games available on Fire TV, you will be able to play touch-enabled games with the upcoming Fire TV app for your phone or tablet.