Apple`s rumored small size iPhone will not be a 6C model at all. It is coming as a "special and enhanced" (se) iPhone 5s as 5se with the following upgrades:
- The chamfered, shiny edges have been replaced with curved glass like on the iPhone 6 and 6s lines
- The same 8 megapixel rear camera and 1.2 megapixel front camera systems from the iPhone 6
- Support for larger panoramas and autofocus for video recording
- Barometer for tracking elevation in the Health app
- An NFC chip for Apple Pay
- The A8 and M8 chips from the iPhone 6
- Bluetooth 4.2, VoLTE, and 802.11ac WiFi chips from the iPhone 6s
- Live Photos from the iPhone 6s
- Same Silver, Space Gray, Gold, & Rose Gold color options as the 6s line.
No 3D Touch included. Still include a headphone jack
Apple hopes that this model could spur additional upgrades over time from those currently sticking to an iPhone 5 or earlier.
The current 5s will likely be discontinued, and the “5se” will take its place. The new device is currently in production overseas and is planned for a March introduction ahead of a late March or early April release.