More than 30 VR Experiences to be displayed at Wynn's Alsace Ballroom.
HTC VIVE™, the leader in room-scale Virtual Reality (VR), today announced parts of its showcase line-up for CES 2017. The Vive showcase, located in the Wynn's Alsace Ballroom, will feature more than 30 curated VR experiences across Entertainment, Health & Medical, Enterprise and Education.
"In the past nine months, we've made VR readily accessible to consumers and enterprise customers across the globe, and we're carrying incredible momentum into 2017," said Daniel O'Brien, VP, Virtual Reality, Vive. "The VR ecosystem continues to grow and at CES 2017, we will showcase the breadth of VR experiences and accessories that will form the future of VR."
The Vive showcase will open Thursday, January 5th, highlighting demos across the VR ecosystem in one-hour blocks for press through Saturday, January 7th from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day. To register for demos, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A sample of the demo content is included below across the following categories:
- Arcade Saga: "Arcade Saga" is a fast, colorful VR game inspired by arcade games but with a twist, where players find themselves taking on the role of A.I. fighting threats developed by humans. Arcade Saga is a Vive Studios title developed internally at HTC by 2Bears Studios.
- Front Defense: Immerse yourself as a soldier in World War II. The game brings Vive into a full play with precise tracking as you command troops and advanced weapon across the battlefield. Front Defense is a Vive Studios title developed internally at HTC by Fantahorn.
- Knockout League: An arcade style boxing game built from the ground up for VR. Its intuitive gameplay involves moving and dodging with your body and 1:1 punch movement that lets you attack how you want. Knockout League is a Vive Studios title developed by Grab Games.
- Mindshow: By VisionaryVR, Mindshow lets you make VR cartoons with your body and voice. Teleport into different characters and act out all the parts. Create with your friends by passing scenes back and forth, then share your shows in VR and on social media.
- The Music Room: The Music Room is an expressive MIDI controller. Unlike keyboard MIDI controllers The Music Room allow you to strum, slide, bend & drum naturally with 8 dimensions of control per note.
- The Nest: A futuristic sniper game by Invrse Studios, where patience and precision are your best tools for survival.
- Racket: NX: Waves Audio will demonstrate an unreleased build of their new, futuristic racketball game, "Racket: Nx," and discuss how developers can make their VR games and demos sound more realistic.
- ROM: Extraction: First Contact Entertainment will showcase brand new functionality for their recently released sci-fi VR shooter game ROM: Extraction.
- Star Trek Bridge Crew: Developed specifically for VR by Red Storm Entertainment, a Ubisoft Studio, Star Trek: Bridge Crew puts you and your friends in the heart of a starship. As officers of the Federation, every action and decision you make together will determine the fate of your ship and crew.
- 3DEXPERIENCE platform and "Virtual Garage": Dassault Systemes allows brands to win the hearts of consumers by providing a personalized marketing experience in VR such as walking through a custom plane passenger cabin or checking out the experience of your next car.
- GE Store VR Experience: The experience lets viewers select seemingly disparate GE business units — to see the real-world ways in which they collaborate.
- IBM Speech Sandbox: Illustrates a speech interface powered by Watson that allows you to build, manipulate and destroy a virtual world with your voice.
- Jaguar I-PACE Reveal: Discover Jaguar's first electric vehicle, the I-PACE Concept, in an interactive VR experience. Explore the technology and design stories behind the concept through cinematics and room-scale, immersive VR.
- MakeVR: MakeVR is a virtual reality 3D modelling application built on a professional-grade CAD engine with a revolutionary 3D multi-touch user interface. Every MakeVR model can be easily 3D printed or imported into a game engine. Make VR is a Vive Studios title developed by Sixense.
- VR Museum Experience: By Autodesk, this experience will allow you to play with objects in zero gravity, shoot bubbles, play instruments, and paint your surroundings.
Health & Medical:
- The Body: The Body VR is an educational virtual reality experience that takes the user inside the human body.
- The Physiology of the Eye: By Intervoke, the physiology of the eye is an interactive educational application that teaches the basic anatomy of the eye.
- OssoVR: Osso VR is a surgical training platform designed to realistically teach health professionals the proper use of complex surgical devices and techniques.
- YOUVR: Founded by digital health pioneer Jeff Arnold and world-renowned cardiologist Dr. Mehmet Oz, Sharecare is leading the visual health revolution with its YOU® VR platform, available for HTC VIVE. Demonstrated live by Dr. Oz at the HTC booth on Friday, Jan. 6, at 9a PT, Sharecare is utilizing virtual, augmented and mixed reality to empower people and their loved ones; healthcare providers and patients; educators and students; and pharmaceutical companies and their customers to better communicate and understand medical diagnoses, treatments and patient journeys.
- ENGAGE "The Life Project": ENGAGE is a free to use educational platform that enables educators to teach remotely using VR simulations and virtual classes. This short example showcases "The Life Project" from Oxford University to teach medics about resuscitation of a baby.
- Lifeliqe: Lifeliqe's learning experiences in virtual reality help students understand difficult topics and spark lightbulb moments. Lifeliqe is Vive Studios title developed by Lifeliqe Inc.
- Remembering Pearl Harbor: TIME and Life VR revisit the attack that launched the U.S. into World War II through the experiences of a real survivor—Lt. James Downing, who is the second-oldest living American veteran to have witnessed that day. Remembering Pearl Harbor is a Vive Studios title developed in conjunction with Life VR and DeluxeVR.
- Titanic VR: Developed by Immersive Education, Titanic VR is an educational experience that will let you explore the famous shipwreck which sits over two miles deep on the ocean floor. Titanic VR also recreates the events which led to the sinking and allows you to become a witness to history. Due for release in 2017.
- Using a green-screen, a number of Vive experiences can be shown in Mixed Reality (MR), which allows anyone to see what's taking place in your VR environment. Throughout CES, Vive will showcase unique MR experiences. Stay tuned to @htcvive for more information on MR demos and showcase times.
Additional VIVE events:
- Join Vive to see the best of the CES booth and hear directly from VR developers and the Vive team. Check out our Facebook page on Thursday, January 5 and Friday, January 6 at noon for more from the Vive floor, including demos, interviews and news updates from the show.
Wednesday, January 4
- VR and Fitness: Vive is working with VirZOOM on the launch of their new vSports platform. The event, from 9 to 10 a.m. at the Venetia's Canyon Ranch SpaClub, will showcase how VR meets fitness. RSVP here.
Thursday, January 5
- VR Happy Hour: From 3 to 5 p.m., Vive will host a VR happy hour for Showstoppers attendees in the Vive showcase. Register via the Showstoppers RSVP page.
- Showstoppers: Vive will demonstrate the best of Mixed Reality during Showstoppers from 6 to 10 p.m.
Stay tuned for additional Vive news from CES.
VIVE is a first-of-its-kind virtual reality platform developed by HTC and Valve for total immersion in virtual worlds. Designed from the ground up for room-scale VR and true-to-life interactions, VIVE delivers on the promise of VR with game-changing technology and best-in-class content. VIVE has been recognized with over 65 awards and wide critical acclaim since its unveiling in 2015. For more information, visit www.VIVE.com.
HTC Corporation aims to bring brilliance to life. As a global innovator in smart mobile devices and technology, HTC has produced award-winning products and industry firsts since its inception in 1997, including the critically acclaimed HTC One and HTC Desire lines of smartphones. The pursuit of brilliance is at the heart of everything we do, inspiring best-in-class design and game-changing mobile and virtual reality experiences for consumers around the world. HTC is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (TWSE: 2498). www.htc.com
HTC, the HTC logo are the trademarks of HTC Corporation. All other names of companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE HTC VIVE
For further information: Troy Edwards, Troy_Edwards@htc.com