HP Inc. Introduces World's First Thin Client With Native Quad UHD/4K Support, the HP t730.
HP t730 delivers landmark performance for today’s most demanding and content-rich virtualized applications
HP Inc. announced the world’s first thin client with native quad UHD/4K(1, 2) display support for breakthrough graphics performance.(3)
The HP T730 Thin Client is equipped with next-generation quad-core AMD processing power.(4)
The new performance leader in the HP Thin Client lineup empowers businesses to work in the content-hungry environment they want, without add-ons, extras or options. The HP t730 excels in this emerging market for customers in high-performance sectors, like financial services, oil/gas, digital media, and engineering, with an easy and secure solution to drive their heavy content needs.
As display resolutions and screen sizes increase, hybrid computing scenarios are driving new demand for local client processing power. According to IDC, the Virtual Client Computing market expects a five- year CAGR of 7.7percent.(5)
“As more businesses move their most demanding users and apps to virtual computing, we’ve responded by combining cloud-client technology and workstation innovation in one revolutionary platform,” said Jeff Wood, vice president of product management, Workstations & Thin Clients, HP Inc. “The HP t730 Thin Client gives our customers a secure, reliable endpoint for virtual workstation use cases.”
Supporting more displays than the average desktop PC, the HP t730 natively drives four displays at the new UHD/4K resolution standard, and six displays with an optional AMD FirePro™ discrete graphics card. Multimedia is presented in eye-popping detail that translates to a staggering 8,294,400 total pixels. The AMD R-Series™ quad-core APU with Turbo Core technology accelerates CPU performance up to 3.6 GHz to run the most demanding workstation-class apps, and render high-frame rate video to connected displays.
Additional key features on the HP t730 include:
- Integrated, essential software: Ready to deploy right out of the box with mission critical HP Thin Client management and user experience software, including HP Device Manager, HP True Graphics,(6)HP Velocity, HP Easy Shell,(7)HP Remote Graphics, andUnified Communications support. Customers can deploy, manage, and upgrade their install bases in just a few clicks.
- Advanced expansion and connectivity: Supports business needs now and into the future with serial, parallel, PS/2, and USB ports, plus a PCI Express x8 low profile expansion slot.
- Essential OS support: Deploys with a choice of the latest Linux-based HP ThinPro OS, HP Smart Zero Core experience, Windows Embedded Standard 7, or Windows 10 IoT Enterprise.(8)
Price and Availability
The HP t730 is planned for worldwide availability in December 2015 at an estimated U.S. starting price of $599.
(1) Ultra HD or 4K (3840 x 2160 resolution) content required.
(2) Displays sold separately.
(3) Based on HP’s internal analysis as of October 26, 2015 of thin client vendors with > 5,000 unit annual sales and including standard support for four UHD/4K displays from one GPU.
(4) Multicore is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. AMD’s numbering is not a measurement of clock speed.
(5) Source: IDC Worldwide Semiannual Software Tracker, November 12, 2014.
(6) HP True Graphics requires an HP Thin Client with an HP ThinPro 5.0 or higher operating system, AMD processing technology, and a Citrix virtual desktop infrastructure—must be XenApp or XenDesktop v7.0 or higher. HP True Graphics is preinstalled with the operating system starting with HP ThinPro 5.2. See the product QuickSpecs for exact compatibility.
(7) HP Easy Shell is currently available on Windows Embedded Standard 7E, Windows Embedded Standard 7P, Windows Embedded 8 Standard, and Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro.
(8) Windows 10 IoT Enterprise for Thin Clients is planned for availability on the HP t730 in January 2016.