November 30, 2010Technology & InnovationHP Software Universe Barcelona 2010HP Software Universe is HP’s biggest enterprise software event of the year, bringing together clients, partners and executives.HP Software Universe Barcelona 2010 is the premier event where clients learn how to simplify the secure delivery of modern applications and services, which are the heart of their business. Media will learn about market drivers causing clients to adopt new HP solutions and services that accelerate the delivery of applications, lower application costs and achieve business alignment without sacrificing quality.
BARCELONA, Spain -- HP today introduced the first unified system to accelerate the reliable, secure delivery of software applications and services across heterogeneous environments.
HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) 11 unites and automates the critical activities of modernization applications – from requirements management to quality, performance and release.
A recent Forrester Consulting study commissioned by HP shows that 69 percent of IT decision-makers have earmarked a quarter of their annual IT budgets for application modernization, while 30 percent will dedicate more than 50 percent.(1)Application modernization enables organizations to gain control over complex processes and support the transformation of their applications portfolio to deliver an Instant-On Enterprise that boosts enterprise growth, agility and innovation.
HP ALM 11 is a role-based system that supports stakeholders in the applications delivery process and integrates with major development tools. It automates workflow processes within and across applications teams, enforcing and accelerating best practice application lifecycle management. Benefits include:
- HP ALM 11 Project Planning and Tracking establishes release criteria and manages milestones throughout the process based on real-time visibility into release progress and readiness.
- Three-way traceability between requirements, development and quality artifacts for rapid team-wide analysis and execution of application changes.
- Flexible methodology support to optimize delivery approach by project type – waterfall, custom, Agile – with HP Agile Accelerator 4.0, available in a complimentary basic edition or advanced edition for a fee.
- Lower enterprise risk from application failures due to functional, performance and security defects in composite and rich internet applications.
- Reduced costs and delivery time with easy discovery, re-use and sharing of critical application artifacts, including requirements, tests and defects.
“Multiple requirements and tests, running across different platforms and coupled with new technologies can significantly affect application quality,” said Todd Eaton, director, ALM Tools and Services, McKesson. “Implementing HP application modernization solutions across the entire lifecycle helped us realize savings of several million dollars over a three-year period.”
HP ALM provides the foundation for the new versions of HP Quality Center and HP Performance Center 11.0. These solutions help simplify and automate application quality and performance validation to lower operational costs, freeing up resources for new applications and services. Benefits include:
- Accelerated application deployment by automating manual testing activities such as setting up data and manually driving repetitive tasks across multiple environments with HP Sprinter.
- Improved test creation with HP TruClient, part of HP LoadRunner 11.0, which tests an application’s performance without the need for time-consuming scripting.
- Reduction of an application’s functional defects for both GUI and non-GUI testing with a single automated solution for composite applications with the HP Unified Functional Testing 11.0 – a combination of HP Functional Test and HP Service Test 11.
“Organizations rely on applications to perform business-critical functions. Outdated tools, complex methodologies and ever progressing new technology make it difficult for IT to deliver effective applications,” said Bill Veghte, executive vice president, Software and Solutions, HP. “HP’s new solutions enable clients to accelerate the delivery of applications, lower application costs and achieve business alignment without sacrificing quality.”
HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Consulting Services enable clients to reduce total cost of delivery, mitigate risk with lower defect rates, accelerate implementation timelines and increase software adoption through expert testing practices, flexible delivery models and education services.
HP ALM 11 is a component of the HP Application Transformation portfolio, which helps enterprises gain control over aging applications and inflexible processes. HP Application Transformation solutions help businesses and governments in their pursuit of an Instant-On Enterprise in which technology is embedded in everything an organization does to serve customers, employees, partners and citizens with whatever they need, instantly.