IFA2103: SONY introduces the Xperia Z1 .Official Videos, pics and PR,Key Features.
WorldWide Tech & Science. Francisco De Jesùs.
IFA2103: SONY introduces the Xperia Z1 .Official Videos, pics and PR,Key Features.
Sony introduces Xperia™ Z1 – a stunning waterproof smartphone with a groundbreaking camera experience
· Combines the very best of Sony’s technology in a slim, waterproof and beautifully designed Android smartphone
· True compact camera performance through combination of Sony’s award-winning “G Lens”, large 1/2.3-type 20.7MP “Exmor RS for mobile” CMOS image sensor and “BIONZ for mobile” image processing engine
· Innovative suite of Xperia Camera Applications that deliver unique experiences including live social broadcasting
· Immersive viewing experience via Sony’s TRILUMINOS® Display for mobile and X-RealityTM for mobile
· Discovery of online and offline content through the integration of Music Unlimited and Video Unlimited with Sony’s media applications
· Premium and exclusive out of the box entertainment offer from Sony Entertainment Network
· Unrivalled ecosystem of accessories and companion products
4th September 2013, IFA, Berlin – Sony Mobile Communications (“Sony Mobile”) today introduces Xperia Z1, a premium waterproof smartphone that combines the very best of Sony’s technology, entertainment and wide range of companion products with a unique and groundbreaking camera experience. Xperia Z1 will launch globally from September 2013.
“Xperia Z1 represents a significant milestone for Sony in our continued efforts to deliver unforgettable experiences to our consumers,” said Kunimasa Suzuki, President and CEO, Sony Mobile Communications. “Not only by bringing the power of Sony to the smartphone and through close collaboration with our partners but by setting a new standard in premium smartphones.”
The world's leading camera in a smartphone
Innovative suite of Xperia Camera Applications
Xperia Z1 takes the conventional camera experience to a whole new level by including an innovative set of Xperia Camera Applications that deliver new experiences. Applications at launch include:
· Social live: Broadcast precious moments live from Xperia Z1 to Facebook and get your friends’ comments right on your screen.
· Info-eye™: Innovative visual search function that provides related information on landmarks and on items such as books or wine simply by capturing them with the camera.
· Timeshift burst: Capture the perfect shot every time - Xperia Z1 takes 61 images in 2 seconds - a second before and after pressing the shutter - so you can scroll back and forth to find the perfect image.
· AR effect: Overlay a selection of fun, customizable animations to create pictures using Sony’s SmartARTM augmented reality technology.
This experience is supported by a robust ecosystem of established and up-and-coming developer partnerships who are working to create Xperia Camera Applications. Many more apps will be available through the Sony Select recommendation store after launch.
Beautiful design with high power and performance
Xperia Z1 also includes all of the features consumers have come to expect of a Sony smartphone. Its stunning looks combine Sony’s acclaimed OmniBalance design with premium materials and precision engineering in a slim waterproof and dust resistant smartphone (IP55 & IP58). A solid one-piece aluminium frame with tempered glass on the front and back ensures beauty and durability as well as a consistent viewing experience from any angle.
Xperia Z1 features the fully integrated Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 processor with 2.2 GHz quad-core CPU and 4G LTE to provide a seamless connected entertainment experience, industry leading battery performance and amazing speed. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor features the latest GPU and dual ISP for incredible graphics, 3D games and videos. The Xperia Z1 also includes a 3000 mAh battery for a high battery performance. Sony’s Battery STAMINA Mode automatically turns off functions to save power when you don’t need them and restarts them when you do.
Incredible out of the box entertainment with Sony’s media applications and technologies
Xperia Z1 integrates PlayMemories Online2, a cloud-based image and video service that is integrated into the Album application. A new ‘All Sync’ feature enables users to instantly auto-upload all of their photos without storage limitation3.
Sony’s “WALKMAN” and Movies applications are also included and provide access to more than 22 million songs on the “WALKMAN” app through Music Unlimited and more than 150K movies and TV series on the Movies app through Video Unlimited2 from Sony Entertainment Network.
Thanks to the inclusion of Sony’s BRAVIA TV technology, Xperia Z1 features Sony’s unique TRILUMINOS Display for mobile, creating a wider palette of rich natural colours for an immersive viewing experience. It also includes X-Reality for mobile - Sony’s intelligent super resolution technology which analyzes each image and optimizes the quality to deliver super sharp videos. Xperia Z1 also brings Sony’s audio expertise to play with Sony’s ClearAudio+ which automatically optimizes the audio experience without the need to adjust individual settings.
Xperia Z1 comes with an incredible entertainment offer that includes five great movies plus an exclusive movie access pass to the digital release of Sony Pictures’ summer blockbuster Elysium as well as a two month free trial of Sony’s Music Unlimited streaming service plus much more4.
Xperia Z1 also features a new application called TrackIDTM TV5 that enhances your TV-viewing experience. It lets users search, share and explore information from broadcasted TV shows such as cast & crew, biographies, filmography or show related Tweets.
Unrivalled ecosystem of companion products and smart accessories
Xperia Z1 is supported by an ecosystem of innovative companion products and accessories. All are underpinned by Sony’s one-touch functions with NFC technology which will number approximately 100 compatible products by the end of the year including TVs, headphones, audio speakers, tablets, and more. Key products include:
Companion products to enhance the camera experience
- QX10/QX100: High-performance ‘lens-style’ cameras designed for mounting on smartphones and operated through the smartphone screen – a perfect partner for the Z1.
· Smart Imaging Stand IPT-DS10M: An intelligent accessory that helps Xperia Z1 detect smiles and capture special moments without the need to hold the handset
· Smartphone Tripod SPA-MK20M: A versatile tripod perfect for extra stability when taking pictures or capturing video
A host of other companion products and smart accessories that enrich your smartphone experience.
· SmartWatch 2 – Use as a second screen for Xperia Z1. Read messages, handle calls, easily access notifications – all from your wrist. Trigger the Xperia Z1 camera shutter. Download other camera apps to enhance the Xperia Z1 experience. Sony is working closely with developers for even more optimised apps
· SBH52 Smart Bluetooth Handset – Splash proof wireless audio accessory that enables you to listen and talk without taking out your smartphone.
· MDR-10BT NFC headphones and SRS-BTS50 wireless speaker - New, high quality NFC enabled headphones and wireless speaker.
· SmartTags NT3 – Create a unique experience for your tag and share with a friend via NFC.
· Continually update the experience over time with the Bluetooth Music Receiver BM10 – stream music and audio from Xperia Z1 to your home Hi-Fi system
· Miracast Wireless Display IM10 – Mirror your smartphone display on your HDTV or projector
Xperia Z1 key features
- Sony’s G Lens: A lens with F2.0 and wide angle 27mm as well as 3x clear image zoom
· BIONZ for mobile: Image processing engine with the algorithm from Sony’s leading digital compact cameras. It ensures pictures have less noise, fast auto-focus as well as high stable images for video shooting, preventing shots from being blurred.
· 1/2.3-type Exmor RS for mobile CMOS image sensor with 20.7MP: high sensitivity sensor capturing huge amounts of detail for sharp, crisp images, even in low-light conditions.
- Dust and water resistant (IP55 & IP58), with acclaimed OmniBalance design featuring durable tempered glass and solid one-piece aluminium frame
- Qualcomm Snapdragon™800 quad-core 2.2 Ghz processor, 3000 mAh battery, 4G LTE
- Xperia Camera Applications such as Social live which broadcast to Facebook. More applications will be available to download from Sony Select
- Memory - RAM 2 GB, Flash memory up to 16 GB, Expansion slot microSD™ card, up to 64 GB.
- Available in black, white and purple colour variants
Key technical specifications
144 x 74 x 8.5 mm
Google™ Android™ 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
2.2 GHz Qualcomm MSM8974 Quad Core
20.7 megapixel camera
8x digital zoom
HDR for photos and movies
Front-facing camera (2 MP)
HD video recording (1080p)
Send to web
Sony Exmor RS® for mobile
3D Surround Sound (VPT)
Bluetooth® stereo (A2DP)
Low power audio playback (only through WALKMAN app)
Music tones (MP3/AAC)
TrackID™ music recognition5
Google Voice™ Search2
Google Maps™ for Mobile with
Pan & zoom
Web browser (WebKit™)2
Google Talk™ application2
Multimedia messaging (MMS)
Predictive text input
Text messaging (SMS)
IPX5 and IPX8 (water resistant)1
On-screen QWERTY keyboard
X-Reality™ for mobile
Radio (FM radio with RDS)
Sony Entertainment Network2
3.5 mm audio jack (CTIA)
ANT+ sport fitness
Bluetooth® 4.0 wireless
Media Transfer Protocol support
Micro USB support
Native USB tethering
Synchronisation via Facebook™
Synchronisation via Google™2
Synchronisation via SyncML™
USB High speed 2.0 support
Wi-Fi® Hotspot functionality
16,777,216 colour TFT
Internal phone storage
Up to 16GB
microSD™ card, up to 64 GB (SDXC supported)
UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV),
1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz
GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20)
3000 mAh minimum
Talk time GSM
Talk time (GSM) Up to 830 minutes
Standby time GSM
Up to 880 hours
Talk time UMTS
Up to 900 minutes
Standby time UMTS
Up to 850 hours
Music listening time
Up to 110 hours
Video playback time
Up to 400 minutes
In the kit
Xperia™ Z1, battery, charger, micro USB cable for charging, synchronisation and file transfer, and user documentation.
1Based on consumer research conducted by Strategy Analytics conducted on 23rd August 2013
2Subject to market availability
3If an image exceeds 1920 pixels along its longest plane (either width or height), it will automatically be resized to 1920 pixels.
4Sony Entertainment Network services are subject to availability by region. Please visit www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com for more details.
Also the number of tracks available from this catalogue varies by country and may be fewer than stated.
5TrackID™ TV is available in DE, UK, FR, JP and US
6Values are according to GSM Association Battery Life Measurement
Technique as performed in controlled laboratory conditions. Actual time may vary.
About Sony Mobile Communications
Sony Mobile Communications is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation, a leading global innovator of audio, video, game, communications, key device and information technology products for both the consumer and professional markets. With its music, pictures, computer entertainment and online businesses, Sony is uniquely positioned to be the leading electronics and entertainment company in the world. Through its Xperia™ smartphone and tablet portfolio, Sony Mobile Communications delivers the best of Sony technology, premium content and services, and easy connectivity to Sony’s world of networked entertainment experiences. For more information: www.sonymobile.com
1) Facts and features may vary depending on local variant. 2) Operational times are affected by network preferences, type of SIM card, connected accessories and various activities e.g. playing games. Kit contents and colour options may differ from market to market. The full range of accessories may not be available in every market. 3) Icons displayed are for illustrative purposes only. The homescreen may appear different in your product. Some features may not be available in your country or area.
Sony, make.believe, WALKMAN, WALKMAN W logo, Sony Entertainment Network, PlayMemories Online, Exmor RS, G Lens, BIONZ, SmartAR, BRAVIA are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation. Xperia, TrackID are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Mobile Communications AB. PlayStation is a trademark or registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment. Snapdragon is a trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated. Facebook is a trademark or registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. All terms are subject to change without prior notice.
Additional information regarding trademarks may be located on our website at: www.sonymobile.com/global-en/legal/trademarks-and-copyright/
IFA 2013 SONY:
The Z1 features the G lens image sensor with 20.7MP. open sdk.It has an omnibalance design, aluminum body body and is waterproof.
The lens is 1/2.3, according to the image and the zoom gives you up to three times focus with zero loss of clarity.There's a new social feature --
Social Live to broadcast "precious moments" directly to Facebook.Info-Eye gives you contextual AR info on what you're taking pictures of.
Time Shift Burst takes 61 images in two seconds, so you don't miss anything.AR Effect tosses in images on the pictures you're taking, so you can dump a T. Rex in thereAll of that is part of the Smart Social Camera suite.
All of the photos you take are stored instantly on PlayMemories Online, stored in a single cloud-based library.The photos are automatically sorted, categorized and highlighted. Storage is unlimited for the offering. It's currently availability in the US and much of Europe. It will be rolling out to even more in the near future.
It has a 5-inch Triluminous display for mobile, plus Sony's X-Reality feature -- so television style quality on a smartphone.It also has the latest Snapdragon processor and integrates the Walkman and Movie apps.Every one sold in Germany will come with around 100 Euros of content.It will also come with a pass for Elysium.And, of course, there's One-touch in there. The Z1 is launching this month.
He asked his team to bring the picture quality of the RX100 to a smartphone. The CyberShot QX100 and QX10 are big lenses that snap onto your handset.
It turns your Z and Z1 into a compact camera.with an adapter, you can attach the lenses to almost any smartphone. Both lenses feature WiFi and One-touch.The QX10 has 10x optical zoom and the QX100 has a one-inch sensor and Karl Zeiss lens."The Z1 is truly a watershed moment in Sony's history," says Kaz.