Microsoft updates the Surface 2 firmware.
November 2013 updates
- Performance improvements for all Type Cover and Touch Cover versions.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth driver updates to improve wireless display performance.
- Camera improvements.
- Audio improvements including switching to speaker playback after disconnecting a headset.
- System performance and stability improvements.
- Battery life improvements.
You can manually install updates:
|Step 1:||Swipe in from the right edge of the screen and then tap or click Settings.
(If you’re using a mouse, point to upper-right corner of screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Settings.)
|Step 2:||Tap or click Change PC settings, and then tap or click Update and recovery.|
|Step 3:||Tap or click Check now.|
|Step 4:||If there are updates available, tap or click View details.|
|Step 5:||Tap or click to select the ones you want to install, and then tap or click Install.
You may need to restart Surface after the updates have been installed.