WorldWide Tech & Science. Francisco De Jesús.
HP Helps Retailers Create Seamless Customer Experience.
HP showcases mobile point-of-sale, self-checkout, digital signage and POS at National Retail Federation convention.
HP today unveiled new offerings designed to help retailers create an exciting, seamless customer experience across multiple store touch points.
HP is offering National Retail Federation convention attendees a firsthand look at the company’s wide range of retail-focused products and services, including point-of-sale (POS) and self-service solutions, digital signage, analytics software, managed print services and mobility solutions. These solutions are supported by more than a dozen partners that combine their solutions and expertise with HP technology.
The offerings are being showcased as part of HP’s Seamless Customer Experience demonstration in booth 431 at the convention. The demonstration is HP’s representation of an ideal store environment where every retail touch point – be it the point of sale, a digital display or a retail-ready tablet or kiosk – engages with the customer in a consistent and integrated way.
“Many retailers are working toward creating a much more interesting environment for shoppers with the goal of improving and differentiating the entire shopping experience,” said Ray Carlin, vice president and general manager, Retail Solutions Global Business Unit, HP. “HP is becoming the provider of choice for retailers that want to implement this seamless customer experience with affordable, leading-edge technology backed by best-in-class software partners.”
HP at the National Retail Federation Convention and Expo
New offerings from HP include:
- The HP mobile POS solution based on the HP Slate 2 tablet running the Windows® operating environment, which combines a barcode scanner and magnetic stripe reader into a secure case to enable store associate applications such as sales and clienteling – better serving customers based on their past purchases.
- The HP CX (Customer Experience) family of self-checkout solutions and the expansion of the HP IX (Interactive Experience) family of kiosks. HP CX is a cost-effective, flexible, self-checkout solution available in small and full-size configurations. Industry-leading software from ECRS and Retalix power these offerings.
- The HP LD4730 and HP LD4730G 47-inch Micro Bezel Video Wall Displays. Both touch-enabled displays feature HP DreamColor and the LD4730G offers durable Corning® Gorilla® Glass, ideal for high traffic settings. The displays use an HP exclusive video input – simplified Video over Ethernet (VOE) – to manage and deploy network-attached digital signage.
- A touch-enabled interactive wall, built on HP VantagePoint technology, combines six HP LD4730G 47-inch Micro Bezel displays with a custom infrared-based touch overlay that provides 32 points of simultaneous touch to enable new, interactive and fully immersive digital signage experiences.
- The HP Presentation Barcode Scanner is a high-performance on-counter presentation scanner that can read most common 1-D and 2-D barcodes. The HP Linear Barcode Scanner is an entry-level linear scanner that is affordable and durable and can read normal and distressed 1-D barcodes. Both scanners can read barcodes presented on mobile devices.
Also highlighted at the show:
- HP’s full line of retail-hardened POS terminals, including the rp5800, rp3000 and the all-in-one ap5000, along with the full complement of HP peripherals.
More information on HP’s activities at the convention is available via the @HP_Retail Twitter channel and the HP Retail Technology and Solutions LinkedIn group.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.