WorldWide Tech & Science. Francisco De Jesús.
HP Technology Consulting Services Help Clients Align IT Strategy with Business Goals
PALO ALTO, Calif., April 25, 2011
HP today announced HP Strategic IT Advisory Services designed to help chief information officers (CIOs) use IT as a key driver of innovation, growth and profitability.
HP Strategic IT Advisory Services help CIOs:
- Build an IT strategy: Clients collaborating with HP gain greater insight to develop an IT strategy that aligns with business goals to meet the changing demands of their customers and citizens.
- Innovate business services: Clients create technology-empowered business services, using techniques such as a hybrid delivery strategy and business benefits analysis, which are specifically tailored to meet and respond to the needs of the clients’ organizations. This includes insight on how cloud computing, enterprise architecture or service management contributes to the success of their enterprise strategies.
The success of CIOs is increasingly being evaluated against enterprise objectives.
Analyst firm Gartner Inc. indicates that most external assessments of enterprise value and viability will include explicit analysis of IT assets and capabilities. In addition, new revenue generated each year by IT will determine the annual compensation for most new Global 2000 CIOs.(1)
“Our research shows that by 2016, innovation accomplishments will be among the top three selection criteria for new CIOs,” said Ken McGee, vice president and fellow, Gartner. “This trend is indicative of the extent to which IT will be so closely aligned with enterprise goals that it is the key driver in growth and profitability. To get to this future state, IT must move from supporting to empowering the enterprise.”
“When CIOs are measured against enterprise objectives, they look for partners to help them craft and implement their technology strategy,” said Arthur Filip, vice president and general manager, Technology Consulting, HP. “HP Strategic IT Advisory Services fill the gap between business and technology consulting by putting clients on the path to deliver enterprise objectives through technology.”
HP Strategic IT Advisory Services deliver:
- IT strategy and transformation: HP works with clients to deliver a comprehensive IT strategy and a transformation plan that details technology and capability requirements.
- Strategic service management: HP brings unique intellectual capital based on thousands of engagements to help clients deliver IT as a service in support of their business processes.
- Enterprise architecture: HP Provides clients the insight needed to develop an end-state architecture vision and establish a roadmap to deliver integrity, assurance and governance.
- Business value of IT: Working with clients, HP collects relevant data associated with IT processes and assigns a value to it that justifies introducing new technologies or making changes to existing technology strategies.
- Cloud business readiness: HP collaborates with clients to establish the strategy and business case for implementing a shared services environment by determining the most effective combination of traditional, private cloud and public cloud delivery models.
- Mergers and acquisitions: Clients can engage with HP to plan and execute IT integration and realize technology synergy plans.
HP Strategic IT Advisory Services are available through HP Technology Consulting. Pricing varies according to location and implementation. More information is available at www.hp.com/services/SITAS.
HP Strategic IT Advisory Services are important components of the Instant-On Enterprise. The Instant-On Enterprise embeds technology in everything it does to serve customers, employees, partners and citizens with whatever they need, instantly.
HP’s premier client event, HP DISCOVER, takes place June 6 - 10 in Las Vegas and Nov. 29 - Dec. 1 in Vienna, Austria. The event showcases how organizations can get started on their Instant-On Enterprise journeys.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure at the convergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless, secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.