Casio America, Inc. and its parent company Casio Computer, Ltd. today unveiled that it has developed DP Animation, an Android app that enables users to easily create animations on an Android 2.2 or newer mobile devices. DP Animation will be available for free in Google’s Android MarketSM in early January.
This unique app will ignite a new style of fun interaction as Android smart phone users capture images with their phones to create lively animations for all to share. Casio’s DP Animation app is the perfect entertainment app to use at parties and get-togethers to spark laughter and surprise with friends and family.
Users can effortlessly craft dancing characters just by taking a photo of someone’s face lined up with one of the preset background images and layouts. By simply tapping a button, users can add a variety of animations that include dancing, spinning or jumping.
“The DP Animation app is a great way to share images of your friends and family in creative new ways,” said Shigenori Itoh, Chairman and CEO of Casio America, Inc. “Users can easily add atmospheric effects, backgrounds, and original dance moves with a few clicks of a button. The ideas are limitless with this new visual communication tool.”
DP Animation creations can be stored online and e-mailed, or posted to social media sites.
Main Features of DP Animation
· Android 2.2 or newer
· iOS 4 or newer (February 2012)
· Shooting and clipping characters: Dancing characters can be created easily just by taking a snap shot of someone’s face lined up with a frame using a smartphone’s built-in camera. Original characters can also be created by shooting a subject and then tracing its outline to clip it out.
· Creating and editing characters: The position and size of dancing characters can be changed freely. Up to three characters can be added.
· Changeable dance style, music, rhythm, and backgrounds: Users can choose the dance style, such as hip-hop, twist, or break dancing, and music and a rhythm that match the dancing from among a rich assortment of preset data. Users can also specify the background image.
· Original dance arrangement: Original moves (arrangements) such as spins and jumps can be added by simply tapping a button, like playing a game.
· Gallery posting: Completed creations can be uploaded to Casio’s server and be posted to public galleries.
· Share via e-mail: Users can send links to their creations and e-mail to friends and acquaintances.
About Casio America, Inc.
Casio America, Inc.,
, Dover , is the N.J. U.S. subsidiary of Casio Computer Co., Ltd., , one of the world’s leading manufacturers of consumer electronics and business equipment solutions, established in 1957. Casio America, Inc. markets calculators, keyboards, digital cameras, mobile presentation devices, disc titles and label printers, watches, cash registers and other consumer electronic products. Casio has strived to fulfill its corporate creed of “creativity and contribution” through the introduction of innovative and imaginative products. For more information, visit www.casiousa.com. , Tokyo Japan
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
App Store, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the
and other countries. Any other company or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. United States
Visit Casio at CES Booth # 10904