WorldWide Tech & Science. Francisco De Jesùs.
The new update for the Galaxy S III fixes all the major issues of previous firmware. The Android 4.3 update for Galaxy S III is currently is available only in UK, with other regions to follow soon. The update is available both OTA (over the air) and via the company's Kies software.
Country: United Kingdom
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 21:02:26 +0000
Product Code: BTU
The changes include Galaxy Gear support; core UI elements updated, now similar to Samsung Galaxy S4; new Samsung keyboard; updated GPU drivers; new lock screen with multiple widgets and improved ripple effect; new Screen modes (like Galaxy S4); Daydream; Driving mode; new actionable notifications; new move to SD card feature; additions in notification centre; revamped settings UI and new Camera mode with Sound and Shoot.
The new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S III also reportedly introduces new Samsung apps like calculator, contacts, gallery and music apps; Samsung apps now can work in full screen mode and revamped S-Voice (similar to the Galaxy S4).
Notably, the Android 4.3 update for Galaxy S III brings Galaxy Gear support, Samsung's first wearable tech device, making the S III the fourth device to sport that functionality after Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition and Samsung Galaxy S4, as previously reported.
CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS IN ANDROID 4.3 UPDATE LIST:
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
- New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- Move-to-SD-card feature
- New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
- New Additions in Notification Centre
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
- Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
The new software update is being rolled out in phases, so it may not yet be available in your country at the moment but don’t worry it will arrive very soon. If your device is carrier branded then it might take sometime as the update has to get improved by the carrier first and only then Samsung will make it available for your device.
Buy the Samsung Galaxy S4 Factory Unlocked: