HP Discover Barcelona 2013: HP Reveals First Thin Client with Quad-core Processors—and Fan-less Design.
WorldWide Tech & Science. Francisco De Jesùs.
HP t620 Flexible Series Thin Client
HP Reveals First Thin Client with Quad-core Processors—and Fan-less Design
HP t620 expands widely installed family of thin clients with performance and flexibility enhancements
BARCELONA, Spain — HP today announced the HP t620 Flexible Series Thin Client, the company’s most flexible thin client and the first to offer quad-core processors in a fan-less design for improved performance and productivity.
Many businesses take advantage of the efficiency afforded by a global work day by facilitating project collaboration between offices. With the addition of HP Remote Graphics Software and flexible networking options on the HP t620, companies now can take advantage of the manageability and security benefits of desktop virtualization plus the increased productivity and convenience for teams collaborating on graphically rich applications.
“User experience, flexibility and security are not mutually exclusive thanks to advances in thin client technology and HP innovation,” said Jeff Groudan, marketing director, Thin Clients, HP. “The fact that the HP Thin Client family is amazingly successful around the world underscores the widespread need for powerful technology with enterprise-level security, and how solutions like the HP t620 can successfully address it.”
Customized performance, enhanced flexibility, elevated security
With a new fan-less design and preconfigured high-performance processors and software, the HP t620 provides businesses with a powerful and seamless desktop experience, enhanced security features for virtual desktops, Desktop as a Service, unified communications, and other demanding client virtualization and cloud computing use cases.
HP’s most flexible thin client benefits organizations in industries—such as financial services, government agencies, healthcare, retail and education—that require powerful performance to run graphically rich applications.
Enhanced features on the HP t620 include:
- Powerful processing with AMD processors. The combination of an AMD GX dual- or quad-core processor and AMD Radeon HD professional graphics gives the HP t620 strong multimedia performance and makes it up to 50 percent faster than the HP t610.(1) The HP t620’s completely redesigned chassis includes advanced passive cooling for fan-less support of quad-core processors,(1) helping businesses reduce the number of service calls and the need for product refreshes.
- Flexibility to drive up to four displays.(2) The HP t620 is the company’s first thin client capable of powering two 30-inch diagonal 2,560 x 1,600 displays with the standard chassis. With a factory-installed add-in video card, the HP t620 PLUS can support up to four displays, allowing users to increase productivity by viewing information on multiple monitors.(2)
- Customized peripheral support. The HP t620 is the company’s first thin client with the option to have both integrated Fiber NIC and Ethernet at the same time, and the first with the option of a serial or VGA port for businesses that want to connect in-place VGA monitors or legacy serial devices.
- Support for graphically rich applications. The addition of HP RGS on the HP t620 helps employees collaborate on graphically rich applications or Linux-based applications, while also helping to maintain enterprise-level security and reduce management costs.
- Enterprise-level security to protect valuable data. The HP t620 helps businesses protect their IT environment with integrated and optional security solutions including a BIOS implemented to NIST guidelines, a TPM chipset, Fiber NIC communication options and, for the first time on an HP thin client, lockable port cover options.
- Better user experience with HP Velocity. HP Velocity network performance management software, included with the HP t620, automatically adapts to changing network conditions and improves network utilization so users experience fewer disruptions when using real-time communication applications.
Pricing and availability
The HP t620 will be available worldwide this month. Pricing is available upon request.
The new HP t620 will be demonstrated at HP Discover in Barcelona, Spain, Dec. 10-12.
(1) This system requires a 64-bit operating system and 64-bit software products to take advantage of the 64-bit processing capabilities of AMD technology. Multi core processing with AMD technology is designed to improve performance of this system. Given the wide range of software applications available, performance will vary. AMD’s numbering is not a measurement of clock speed.
(2) DisplayPort 1.2 supports dual monitors up to 2,560 x 1,600 resolution. Optional VGA port factory configuration is available. Factory configurations with four-head monitor support up to 2,560 x 1,600 resolution is available only on the PLUS chassis.