Francisco De Jesùs.
Introducing the New John Lewis Large Screen Smart TVs – Powered by LG With a Free Five Year Guarantee Included at No Extra Cost
John Lewis is delighted to announce the launch of its first-ever range of John Lewis Smart TVs, which have been created in collaboration with renowned global electronics manufacturer, LG Electronics (LG). The John Lewis Smart TVs (JL9000) are available in three large screen sizes (49, 55 and 60-inches) and combine cutting-edge technology with elegant styling. A powerful 50 watt, 2.2 channel soundbar, with an additional subwoofer for a real cinema-like experience, is integrated into the sleek stand design. This front firing soundbar will deliver enhanced, room-filling audio to match the Full HD picture quality.
John Kempner, Vision Buyer at John Lewis says, “There is a continuing trend in customer demand for larger screen sizes with sales of 49-inch and larger accounting for over 25% of John Lewis TV sales. We wanted to create our own range of premium large screen TVs that would have a distinctive look and also offer the benefits of the very latest in on-demand Smart TV technology, while being easy to use. LG has helped us achieve this with a sleek and clever design that also includes a built-in soundbar to deliver an immersive sound and visual experience."
Andrew Mackay, LG Commercial Director – Consumer Electronics (UK & Ireland), comments, “The development of the JL9000 TV series illustrates the strategic partnership between John Lewis and LG – and as the first John Lewis-branded Smart TV, it is a premium development combining stylish design and smart technology.”
The new John Lewis TVs feature the LG webOS™ Smart TV platform, which will revolutionise the way you watch and experience entertainment at home. LG webOS™ introduces a truly integrated Smart TV solution that works with terrestrial TV to bring the world of entertainment neatly together. The platform allows you to enjoy Smart TV the way it is supposed to be, simple and intuitive, with the very best in catch-up TV, movies, sport and music services. A helpful character, BeanBird, will guide you through the easy and entertaining set up.
· The TV interface makes it quick and simple to find what you want to watch. The ‘Launcher’ menu pins your favourite apps, connected devices and recently accessed programmes or services in one convenient place so you can switch between functions with one click;
· The intuitive programme guide collects all available TV shows in one place, whether live or on demand as well as apps, games and movie rentals, while a recommendation service curates all the most popular programmes currently being watched (via the LG Store);
· Leading applications include NOW TV, BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Demand5, YouTube, Skype, Twitter and Facebook, which can be accessed while watching TV;
· You can control other HDMI devices, including a games console or Blu-ray player through the TV interface with just a simple click;
· A ‘Magic’ remote is included, which uses point, scroll, gesture or voice commands;
· 3D passive viewing is available with two pairs of high quality cinema 3D glasses included;
· A Triple XD Engine gives stunning control of colour contrast and clarity;
· An 8MP web camera allows you to Skype;
· The TVs are rated A+ for energy with an LED IPS panel;
· If you choose to have the TV installed in your home by John Lewis, you will receive a 15-minute tutorial on how to get the best out of your new television once it has been set up;
· Created in collaboration with renowned manufacturer, LG who John Lewis has been working with for over 15 years.
Price and Stockist Information
· John Lewis 49-inch JL9000 Smart HD TV - £1,399
· John Lewis 55-inch JL9000 Smart HD TV - £1,699
· John Lewis 60-inch JL9000 Smart HD TV - £2,199
Readers can call John Lewis on 08456 049 049 or visit www.johnlewis.com
Notes to Editors:
Prices and products are correct at the time of writing but are subject to change and therefore I would recommend calling to check prices and availability before going to press.
About LG Electronics Home Entertainment Company
The LG Electronics Home Entertainment Company is a global top player in televisions, monitors, commercial displays, audio video systems, personal computers and security systems. The company constantly pushes technological boundaries to create feature-rich devices with stylish designs that meet global consumer needs. LG's consumer products include CINEMA 3D Smart TVs, OLED TVs, IPS monitors, home theatre systems, Blu-ray Disc™ players, car audio/video systems, mouse scanners and external storage devices. LG’s commercial products include digital signage, video conferencing systems and IP security cameras. For more information, please visit www.lg.com.
For more information contact:
Notes to Editors
John Lewis operates 41 John Lewis shops across the UK (31 department stores and ten John Lewis at home) as well as johnlewis.com. It is part of the John Lewis Partnership, the UK's largest example of worker co-ownership where all 91,000 staff are Partners in the business.
John Lewis, 'Multichannel Retailer of the Year 2014' ¹ , 'Best Overall Retailer' ² and 'Best Retailer 2013' ³, typically stocks more than 350,000 separate lines in its department stores across fashion, home and technology. Johnlewis.com stocks over 250,000 products, and is consistently ranked one of the top online shopping destinations in the UK. John Lewis Insurance offers a range of comprehensive insurance products - home, car, wedding and event, travel and pet insurance and life cover - delivering the values of expertise, trust and customer service expected from the John Lewis brand.
¹ Oracle Retail Week Awards 2014
² Verdict Consumer Satisfaction Awards 2014
³ Which? Awards 2013