Best Windows 8.1 tablet - #1: ASUS Transformer Book T100
The ASUS Transformer Book T100 is a hidden gem when it comes to Windows tablet. This is a 10.1-inch 1366 x 768 HD IPS Panel, 2-in-1 convertible that switches from being a tablet to a notebook. This tablet beats the Surface 2 offering on almost every metric you care to use.
- Price: You can pick up the T100 for $349 from online retailers such as Amazon,(links below) which is a full $100 less than an entry-level Surface 2 tablet.
- OS: The T100 runs the full x86 version of Windows 8.1, not the ARM-powered Windows RT that the Surface 2 runs. If you want a Surface Pro 2 that runs the full version of Windows 8.1 then you're looking at a starting price of $899.
- Microsoft Office: Full version of Microsoft Office (Home and Student 2013) versus the cut-down version for Windows RT.
- Faster CPU: Intel Atom Quad Core Processor - Baytrail-T Z3740 1.86GHZ versus Nvidia Tegra 4.
- Better battery life: 11 hours versus 10 hours.
- Memory RAM:2 GB DDR3.
- Hard Drive: 64 GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive